“Overwhelmed” is an understatement. As often the case, words diminish what I truly feel in light of two nominations yesterday for the Very Inspiring Blogger Award from two outstanding and more deserving blogs namely, reconstructingchristina and Single Again, and the admirable ladies behind them. Thank you both! You see, the award is all about inspiration. As I said before, being mentioned on the same page with these 2 popular blogs is like communing with legends :)
My Pretzel Logic used to be my semi-private cache of past and recent works. But all that recently changed. Nearly 2 years ago, I moved my blog posts from Multiply, where I had a harrowing experience, to WordPress.com and shared my new site with a few close friends. I would have been happy and content with the casual visits and periodic comments until a friend who gets more than a thousand hits daily prevailed upon me to follow other blogs. I did just that 3 days ago. My Facebook friends have been unhappy ever since.
I must say that it is quite a community out here. Of course, I have barely scratched the surface. I am not used to being the stranger in a clique but I am extremely fortunate to have front row seat in a show of first-rate writing talents. I am awed by your stories and the dedication that comes with them day in and day out. I only have admiration for you all and am grateful to those who have spent precious time and effort generating wonderful activity for my humble page.
Again, my appreciation and congratulations to reconstructingchristina and Single Again!
Now, the RULES to follow when nominated for the Very Inspiring Blogger Award:
- Display the award logo on your blog.
- Link back to the person who nominated you.
- State 7 things about yourself.
- Nominate 15 other bloggers for this award and link to them.
- Notify those bloggers of the nomination and the award’s requirements.
7 Things About Me:
- I am blessed with a loving family whom I miss dearly as my current job assignment requires me to work overseas for the better part of the year.
- I’m an awfully slow reader because I “digest” every word. I’m an awfully slow writer because I labor with every word.
- I hail from the Philippines where people are crazy about blogging and Social Media.
- I used to play rhythm guitar and do some vocals for an obscure and now-defunct four-man alternative rock/acoustic band called AMajor7. Obviously, we can’t sing :p Most of us had morning jobs so even small gigs were a luxury. Our musical influences were Snow Patrol, Coldplay, Kings of Leon and John Mayer, among others.
- My tastes in reading material have pretty much changed over the years. My favorites among contemporary authors are Dave Eggers, Haruki Murakami, Chuck Palahniuk, David Sedaris and Stephen Ambrose.
- I am just crazy about Home Theater and watch movies whenever I can. My favorite movie of all time is Shawshank Redemption.
- I write blog posts straight to my site and click the Publish button right after i complete the first draft. I only review and edit AFTER the entry is posted publicly online. The few times it got nasty, I left them untouched. So please forgive me for any cliches, typos, grammatical errors, etc.
My nominations of 15 other bloggers for this award (in no particular order):
(Congratulations! Being in the list means that your blog had been a source of inspiration to me and to many others. To those who opt not to accept the nomination for one reason or another or have been nominated far too many times, no pressures, you need not pay it forward. This nomination means that you made an impression and deserve to be included.)